Sales Consultant ()
£22000 ote £50000
Sector: Sales & Marketing
Our client operates an online price comparison website for Health Insurance, Income protection, Critical Insurance and Life Insurance products for individuals and families.
Working with partners including MoneySupermarket, Confused.com, GoCompare, Money.co.uk and uSwitch, as well as attracting our own direct customers, we provide and on-line and telephone service for consumers allowing them to tailor quotes, shortlist policies and buy the best and most cost effective levels of cover for them. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we do not cold call or operate a “hard-sell” business and we pride ourselves on being a pleasure to do business with. Due to natural expansion and internal opportunities, we are looking to grow our Sales Function.
As a sales advisor/consultant you will be responsible for producing high quality, sustainable business through the process of making warm outbound calls to new customers who have enquired via online market comparisons of Income Protection, Life Insurance and Private Medical insurance policies.
You will be expected to offer outstanding customer service through your expertise and knowledge of the marketplace and offer a unique “advised” recommendation best for your customer’s needs. The role requires individuals that are self-motivated, used to achieving challenging targets and managing customer expectations throughout the lifetime of their policy.
- Working efficiently as possible to ensure maximum customer contact rates are achieved and being “first to market” where possible whilst ensuring all outstanding tasks are completed on time each day.
- Provide the highest levels of customer service and advice to produce and retain business.
- Demonstrating exceptional sales ability, building relationships and rapport whilst carrying out detailed Fact Finds to uncover customer’s demands and needs.
- Effectively matching customer’s demands and needs to the best protection policies available, and fully explaining to individual customer’s how the recommended policies would benefit them within their specific circumstances.
- Liaise with our insurer partners to determine best industry policies and practices and handle customer complaints and cancellations effectively.
- Keep abreast of changes to industry regulations and underwriting criteria of our insurance partners.
- Having a high regard for compliance within a FCA regulated business and adhering to all legislation and regulatory guidelines.
- Contribute to, and follow at all times, the policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- Being self- motivated and contributing to a positive, working environment with a good team spirit and strong work ethic. To constantly display and encourage the company values of INTEGRITY, UNITY, INNOVATION and PASSION.
- Previous experience of working within a competitive, customer focused or proactive sales role (Essential)
- A proven track record in achieving sales targets and goals (essential). Experience of working within an FCA or regulated sales environment (desirable).
- Experience of working with a range of financial products, giving advice on the best suited (desirable).
- Excellent communication skills. You will need to demonstrate superb verbal and written techniques to all our customers and external partners.
- Keep abreast of the markets ever-changing policies and regulations. Excellent organisational skills and capable of multi-tasking to tight deadlines.
- Display and execute sound knowledge of the marketplace to make the best recommendations for our customers.
- Demonstrates problem solving attributes when required.