Project Services Co-ordinator (sd/psc)
Sector: Business SupportJump to application form
Our technology based company are looking for a Project Service Co-Ordinator to join its team. The main aim of the role is to assist the project service managers (PSMs) to plan and manage the resources for client projects. To assist and deputise for the senior project services co-ordinator in leading the administration team.
Main Tasks and Objectives
• To plan cabling and equipment installations at customer sites in conjunction with project service managers (PSMs) to ensure full functionality of projects.
• To co-ordinate site meetings throughout the project.
• To maintain and update the Company’s “Metrix” system with the project services data to ensure it is accurate at all times.
• To maintain and update project calendar to ensure an accurate and current picture of projects is available at all times.
• To maintain the project log, to keep active schedules accurate and liaise with 3rd parties if schedules change.
• Support the PSMs in controlling the budget of a project based on information provided and scope of work.
• Liaise with customers to ensure open communication channels, keeping customers informed and ensure their needs are met. To be the key point of contact when the PSM is absent on any particular project.
• To plan, allocate and control project resources i.e. sub-contractors, suppliers etc. and highlight any issues to the PSMs.
• Be the point of contact for sub-contract engineers in conjunction with third parties. Includes ensuring technical support and training, management of invoices and dealing with ‘no shows’.
• To purchase all necessary equipment and arrange delivery to site.
• To ensure sub-contract engineers adhere to company health and safety procedures and raise any concerns to PSM or sub-contract company as applicable.
• To be responsible for the completion of all necessary documentation throughout the project until its closure.
• To collect completed reports from 3rd party suppliers and return to customer within agreed timescale.
• To liaise with PSMs on any issues that occur and help to resolve issues to conclusion to the satisfaction of the customer.
• To assist the senior project services co-ordinator in leading the project services administration and co-ordination team and to deputise in the senior co-ordinator’s absence.
• To assist, if appropriate, in performance management and disciplinary issues.
• Strong planning and organisational skills
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to build rapport with customers and suppliers
• Effective time management skills, able to work to deadlines that frequently change
• Effective computer literacy skills, able to use Microsoft Office applications