NOC Engineer (sd/noc)
Our client is a National company who deal with infrastructure and are currently looking for an NOC Engineer to join its busy team.
Overview: Working for the wholesale/operational brand and providing support to our clients ISP.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills in networking & telecoms technologies. Ideally hold some form of industry qualification such as Cisco CCNA or Alcatel-Lucent NRS.
The position will be working with IP, Ethernet, MPLS and leading edge access technology using GPON Fibre To The Home (FTTH).
The role is extremely varied and requires some customer facing activities as well as assisting with back office network and product development work.
Key Responsibilities and skills
• Day to day management of the network responding to alarms, customer queries, network commissioning and supporting on site teams.
• Demonstrate critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
• Maintain and operate element managers/server environment including Microsoft and Linux based systems.
• Maintain and create new documentation. Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Work independently with internal and external suppliers. Manage suppliers and escalation of faults requiring on site personnel. Act as focal point for network issues.
• Manage the network to meet availability targets.
• Investigate technical issues including travel to site.
• Assisting in the development of new products/services including broadband, data and voice products.
• Test, evaluation and deployment of new network hardware and software.
• Assist in training and knowledge transfer activities.
• Attend training courses and keep up to date with relevant technologies.
• Take part in standby rota.
• Engineering based degree ideally telecommunications or computer science or equivalent experience
• IP, Ethernet and GPON networking technologies
• OSI Layer 7 model
• MPLS, RSVP-TE, t-LDP, IP, TCP, UDP, PPPoE, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, DHCP, VRRP, 802.11g/n/ac, Ethernet
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Full UK driving licence