Legal Cashier (sd/lc)
Location: Cardiff, Cardiff
£18000 to £20000
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Cashier to join our clients growing accounts department. The role will involve working in an accounts team of 17, utilising a number of bespoke Solicitors accounting systems to include;
SOS (Solicitors Own Software accounting package)
Online Banking Systems
This is a varied role involving the following tasks;
- Help managing all client bank accounts monies in
- Daily Bank Statement posting
- BACS receipt
- Checking completion statement
- Inputting volume TT’s and BACS payment
- Transfers between client and office account as per SAR guideline
- Bill posting
- Banking and issuing cheque
- Booking travel - train tickets and hotel
- Purchase Ledge
- Processing credit card payment
- Monitoring unbilled disbursement
- Handling staff queries regarding ledgers via email, telephone or online Helpdesk
- Telephone queries
The successful candidate will have a good level numeracy and of IT literacy, to include MS Word and Excel and a good understanding of Solicitors Accounts Rules.
This is an ideal position for someone who has experience of working within Legal Finance and would like to move to a fast moving team within a large Law firm.
Excellent organisation and time management skills are also required as well as accuracy and attention to detail. Candidates with AAT qualifications are desirable but not essential.