IT Support (sjl/its)
Sector: TechnologyJump to application form
An opportunity has arisen for an IT Service Desk Technician to join our IT team. Reporting to the IT Service Desk Manager you will join our existing Support team, providing assistance to users of our IT Systems. You will provide first and second line support to our clients, who make contact with our support team primarily via an internal help desk.
Dealing with a varied level of IT user, from novices through to technical administrators, you will take initial enquiries and lead them through to a successful resolution, working with other members of staff in the server and development teams. Enquiries will relate to our case management system, Microsoft products, networking, telephones, and hardware.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining the firm’s asset management system
• Answering telephone calls made to the ICT helpdesk. Whenever possible providing solutions over the telephone or via remote desktop.
• Providing ICT support quickly and efficiently. Keeping users informed of any problems that may delay the provision of a solution
• Support for the following applications:
o Windows 7
o Microsoft Office 2010
o Outlook / Exchange
o HP Autonomy Document Management System
o Visual Files Case Management System
• Ensuring all users are able to use ICT equipment and if necessary provide training
• Installation of programs and customising of software to suit a user’s needs
• Setting up of ICT hardware, including PC’s, printers, scanners, mobile devices and any other relevant equipment
• Assisting in office moves
• Providing support to colleagues in the team to maintain telephone handsets and the telephone network in Cardiff office
• Prioritising issues dependant on urgency
The ideal candidate must have a high level of IT literacy, be fully conversant in Office 2007 and have knowledge of Office 2010 applications. They must also be able to demonstrate experience working with various computing platforms and applications.
The successful candidate will be a good team player and have sound organisational and time management skills.
Microsoft Certified Professional qualifications are beneficial but not essential.
Some flexibility with regards to hours of work is required.