Corporate Services Officer (sd/cso)
Sector: Business Support
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Corporate Support Officer will carry out the Secretariat function by providing a comprehensive executive and administrative support to the Independent Welsh Pay Review Body (IWPRB). Working as part of the Corporate Services team, the Corporate Support Officer will also provide a bilingual general administrative support to the office.
Working under the direction of the Office Manager, the Corporate Support Officer will:
Secretariat to IWPRB
• Act as first point of contact and provide executive support to all IWPRB members;
• Manage the Secretariat inbox, corresponding with members, responding to queries and ensuring prompt circulation of publications and information relevant to IWPRB work;
• Act as first point of contact for Welsh Government officials and key stakeholders providing evidence to the IWRPB, corresponding bilingually and escalating queries as appropriate;
• In collaboration with the Chair of IWPRB, develop a calendar of dates for each annual pay round, including meeting agendas;
• Make all practical arrangements for IWPRB meetings (including oral evidence sessions and feedback meetings), coordinating the distribution of papers, booking venues and refreshments, arranging third-party briefing sessions and organising travel and accommodation;
• Arrange and coordinate IWPRB members’ annual school visits.
• Attend and facilitate all IWPRB meetings, making meeting notes including executive summaries as required;
• Coordinate translation and transcription services for IWPRB, liaising with external translators to clarify and queries and ensure the availability and circulation of bilingual documentation and, where relevant, simultaneous translation;
• Assist the data team in commissioning and collating data as requested by the IWPRB.
• Coordinate arrangements for third party briefing information sessions
• Maintain corporate governance information, including the members’ register of interests;
• Maintain up-to-date records and review and update administrative processes as appropriate;
• Monitor IWPRB budget, logging attendance, daily rates and expense claims;
• Coordinate arrangements for the induction of new members;
Administrative and Corporate Services support
• Provide comprehensive bilingual administrative support to the office, supporting other teams or individuals as required;
• Support the Corporate Services team, including by handling general bilingual correspondence and telephone enquiries; and
• Provide cover for the work of the Administrative Support Officer and the Corporate Governance Officer in their absence.
To be successful in this role you will be bi-lingual (Welsh) and be a highly organised administrator