Complaints Manager (sjl/cm)
Sector: Finance & Insurance
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Complaints Team Leader to join them and directly influence the customer experience and drive continuous improvement.
As a result, you will have a powerful position from which you will recommend changes to promote a reduction in complaints and ensure customers are treated fairly.
This role is responsible for ensuring all complaints are recorded, managed to resolution, analysed and acted on to improve the customer experience, the fairness of the resolution and operational efficiency.
You will have a responsibility to empower and coach all customer facing staff to handle customer dissatisfaction directly, therefore reducing the need for a formal escalation.
• Ensure all complaints are identified, logged, investigated and resolved fairly.
• Collate and produce complaint executive summaries, including recommendations and trend analysis.
• Support our commitment to, and evidencing of, TCF through determining and agreeing in-house standards
• Ensure all details of the handling and resolution of the complaints are recorded.
• Review and analyse the root cause of complaints, identifying relevant actions and working with key stakeholders to reduce complaint volumes.
• Create strong working relationships with both the direct customer experience team and key members of the wider business.
• Use feedback mechanisms, provide regular reporting on human error complaints and ensure feedback is delivered to individuals.
• Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports, commentary and recommendations based on the complaint and quality data.
• Coordinating Financial Ombudsman Service file requests and using this insight to drive improvements.
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of FOS best practice and ensuring processes are aligned.
• Minimum of 1 year working as a complaints manager/team leader and directly managing and resolving complaints.
• Previously worked in an insurance or FCA regulated sector (preferably car insurance)
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• A strong understanding of Root Cause Analysis and its application to identify the true starting point/reason.
• Experience of working on projects that deliver an improved customer experience or business efficiency.