Administration Support Officer (WELSH SPEAKER) (sjl/aso)
Sector: Business Support
Our client, based in the centre of Cardiff are looking for an Administration Support Officer.
Reporting to the Office Manager within the Corporate Services team, the Administrative Support Officer will provide a bilingual general administrative support to the office, including front of house responsibilities, filing, copying, receiving and communicating messages in Welsh and English, maintaining office diaries and supplies.
The Administrative Support Officer will provide facilities support to the Office Manager and offer wider administrative support across teams as required.
Administrative and Corporate Services support
• Deliver a friendly and professional bilingual service as first point of contact, greeting office visitors and callers;
• Handle general correspondence and telephone enquiries, co-ordinating their distribution to employees for their information and action;
• Open and arrange distribution of all incoming mail;
• Process outgoing mail accurately and efficiently, arranging courier services where appropriate;
• Produce mail merges and mail outs as required;
• Monitor customer services inbox, responding to or escalating correspondence as appropriate;
• Oversee use of conference rooms, monitoring bookings and ensuring appropriate arrangements are made for visual aids, equipment, refreshments, etc.;
• Book car rental, train tickets, air travel and accommodation;
• Support colleagues with the co-ordination of information, arrangement of external meetings and liaison with internal and external contacts;
• Co-ordinate stationery requirements, prepare requisitions and check goods and services have been received;
• Maintain central office filing system;
• Manage central organisational contact distribution list; and
• Provide administrative support to colleagues across EWC on an ad hoc basis.
• Undertake annual Risk Assessments, to include Work Stations and Display Screen Equipment, in order to report to Senior Management;
• Organise and monitor archive system in line with GDPR retention requirements;
• Maintain store room to include monitoring office supplies and arranging recycling; and
• Assist in the maintenance of office environment, equipment and contracts.
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation including the Welsh language, Equality and General Data Protection regulations; and
• Undertake any other duties as directed by the Office Manager commensurate with the post and grade.