Account Manager (sjl/am)
Our client, a technology company based on the outskirts of Cardiff are looking for an Account Manager to look after their small to medium sized business customers.
Main Tasks and Objectives
• Provide focus on a portfolio of smaller accounts
• Attend some (quarterly/ bi-annual or annual) review meeting with selected customers.
• Establish and maintain effective communication links with other company departments to ensure that the customer objectives are achieved. This will involve regular meetings with the staff based in Cardiff.
• Liaise internally within the organisation to resolve customer issues that arise.
• Provide feedback to relevant company departments about customer complaints and problems with a goal to preventing the problem in the future.
• Maintain accurate records of all contractual customer information and be aware of the contractual obligations of the customer contract to ensure that the company and customer comply with them.
• Prepare and review regular customer reporting information that is provided to the customer.
• Report on a weekly basis any significant opportunities, issues or threats with their account to the Senior Account Manager.
• Identify and report new sales opportunities with existing customers and develop a plan to maximise the profitable revenues of those customers.
• Prepare and review chargeable call information that is provided to the customer and be responsible for the regular invoicing of the customer.
• Assist the finance and administration department in obtaining information from the customer to ensure the accurate and timely invoicing of hardware maintenance and other services provided to the customer.
• Notify the finance and administration department of any potential disputes regarding invoices submitted by the company and assist in the payment of any customer invoices that are overdue.
• Maintain awareness of the company’s services and of relevant sales techniques to ensure that the role is carried out as effectively as possible.
Outcomes and Deliverables
• Customer complaints are minimised.
• Contracts are renewed where profitable.
• Positive internal and external feedback is received.
• Sales opportunities are developed.